Effective Date: May 1, 2023
“Personal Information” refers to all kinds of information recorded electronically or by other means relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, excluding information that has been anonymized.
“Partners” refer to service providers that have established a partnership with MEGAROBO Technologies Co., Ltd. to provide professional supports on specific matters or activities under the same obligation of confidentiality as we do.
II. Scope of Application
The Policy applies to this website, all products and services we provide, as well as the Personal Information we process through this website.
III. Collection of Information
1. We may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, information left during you visiting our website, filling out forms, and information in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we offer on our website. We may, where appropriate, request your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc. We will only collect your personally identifiable information only if such information is submitted to us at your will. You can always choose to refuse the provision of personally identifiable information, which however may prevent you from engaging in or accepting certain activities in connection with the website.
2. We may collect, store and use the following information about you when providing the following services:
(1) Information submitted through our customer service or when participating in our return visits, market survey or similar activities, including your name, phone number, address, email, company or organization to which you belong and other information from the questionnaire you fill out when participating in our survey activities;
(2) We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you when you interact with our website. Non-personally identifiable information may include browser name, computer type and technical information about the way you connect to our website, such as the operating system and the internet service provider used, and the like.
1. To ensure normal operation of the website, make your access experience easier in a timely manner, and recommend content that you may be interested in, we may, where cookie is allowed by you, store on your computer or mobile device cookies or other local storage that typically contains an identifier, site name, and some numbers and characters. The cookie feature enables the website to understand your preferences or provide useful data about your needs.
V. Use of Information
1. We use your Personal Information in accordance with laws for the following purposes:
(1) Providing you with and optimizing the various products and services you use;
(2) Implementing the agreement with you or the Policy;
(3) Sending you information related to the services;
(4) Serving security purposes;
(5) Complying with laws and regulations;
(6) Conducting research and development;
(7) Engaging in marketing activities to help determine your purchase intent;
(8) Devising and promoting services or related products for your use;
(9) Helping to get in touch with you quickly to resolve your complaints or problems;
(10) Allowing you to participate in surveys about our products and services, or promotions and sales activities;
(11) Securing the operation of this website;
(12) For other purposes as consented to or authorized by you.
2. We may perform overall analysis on and utilize the user database without violating your personal privacy or related information rights. We will follow laws and regulations and the principles of lawfulness, legitimacy, necessity and good faith, and take necessary security measures for the relevant information, such as de-identifying or anonymizing the data through technical means. We will not combine the information stored in the analysis software with any personally identifiable information that you provide on the website.
VI. How We Provide, Transfer or Disclose Your Personal Information to Others
1.We will use and protect your Personal Information in strict accordance with the authorization clause specified above, and will not provide, transfer or disclose your Personal Information to others, except that:
(1) With your explicit consent or authorization, we will share and provide your Personal Information with others.
(2) We may appoint our affiliated companies, Partners (third-party service providers, agents, advertising partners, application developers, and the like) to process your Personal Information for us in accordance with our instructions, Personal Information protection policies, and other relevant confidentiality and security measures, and for the purposes specified in the “Use of Information” section of the Policy. If we share your information with such third parties, we will use encryption, de-identification and other means to keep such information secure, unless complete Personal Information is necessary for processing purposes. We will only provide your Personal Information to such third parties for lawful, legitimate and necessary purposes, and only the Personal Information as necessary for the relevant services. We will endeavor to ensure that such third parties comply with the Policy and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures that we require them to apply when using your Personal Information, and explicitly require them to use the shared Personal Information solely for the specific purposes related to our services. Such third parties will seek your authorized consent again if they wish to change the purposes for which your Personal Information is processed.
2. How to transfer your Personal Information to others
We will not transfer your Personal Information to any company, organization, or individual unless it is:
(1) Transferred with your express consent;
(2) Provided in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, the requirements of legal proceedings, mandatory administrative or judicial requirements;
(3) Provided in compliance with the relevant agreements concluded with you (including electronic agreements executed online and the corresponding rules) or other legal documents;
(4) Transferred as part of a merger, acquisition, transfer of assets, bankruptcy liquidation or similar transaction that we may undertake as a result of the continued development of our business. We will inform you of such relevant circumstances through notices, announcements, and other means, and continue to protect or require the new company or organization holding your Personal Information to continue to protect your Personal Information in accordance with laws and regulations and standards no less stringent than those required by the Policy, or we will require such company or organization to seek authorized consent from you again.
3. How to disclose your Personal Information to others
We will keep the Personal Information you provide in strict confidence, except as described below:
Where your Personal Information is required to be provided by applicable laws and regulations, the requirements of legal proceedings, and mandatory administrative or judicial requirements, we may publicly disclose it in the type and manner of disclosure requested. Subject to laws and regulations, when we receive a request for such disclosure, we will require the corresponding legal documents to be issued, such as a summons or letter of inquiry.
VII. Protection of Information
We will perform strict confidentiality obligations with respect to your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, regulatory standards, and the Policy, and take necessary and reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information and data stored on our website.
VIII. Retention, Storage and Transfer of Information
1. How to retain your Personal Information We will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to achieve the purposes specified in the Policy and required by laws and regulations. We will delete or de-identify your Personal Information promptly when the said period expires.
2. How to store your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect and generate in the People’s Republic of China will be stored in the territory of the People’s Republic of China.
3. How to transfer your Personal Information worldwide
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, or accessed from, jurisdictions outside of the country/region in which you use the product or service, where it is necessary to complete the business and subject to the express provisions of laws, regulations, government regulations, department rules, or administrative or judicial orders. Such jurisdictions may operate under different data protection laws or may not even have such laws in place. In such cases, we will ensure that your Personal Information is protected to the same extent as it is within the territory of the People’s Republic of China.
IX. Update and Publicity of the Policy
The Policy may be revised from time to time to reflect our evolving business, and such revisions form an integral part of the Policy. We will promptly publicize the revised Policy. If such revisions result in substantially fewer rights to you hereunder, we will again inform you and obtain your express consent before collecting, storing, using, providing, or disclosing your Personal Information. When there is a change in the purpose, manner, and scope of collection and use of Personal Information, we will promptly display the change to you in a push notification, pop-up window, or other appropriate form, and seek your consent again. If you believe that the revised Policy affects your rights and interests, you may amend your authorization in accordance with the applicable provisions of Article X herein.
X. Management of Personal Information
1. If you find that we process your Personal Information in violation of laws and administrative regulations or the agreement with you, you may request us to delete it. If you find that your Personal Information collected and stored by us is incorrect, you may request us to correct it. Please contact us through the contact details set out herein.
2. If you wish to amend the authorization specified in the Policy, you may contact us through the contact details set out herein.
XI. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the Policy, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.
MEGAROBO Technologies Co., Ltd.